Hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
What is Hypnosis and How Does it Help?
Hypnosis is a safe and effective method that allows people to tap into the power of their thoughts and make desired changes. Research shows that the vast majority of people can benefit from hypnosis. To be hypnotized requires only that you choose to be open and receptive to suggestions.
In my practice, I use hypnosis to teach you how to manage anxiety and stress, change negative habits, and to help you develop confidence and a more positive outlook.
Hypnosis typically has two phases:
- In the Induction Phase, you are guided to a state of relaxation, which helps you to become more focused and concentrated on what you wish to accomplish during hypnosis.
- Incorporating your own words, I use Post-Hypnotic Suggestions to help you make the changes you desire and reinforce the outcome.
How Will I Feel During Hypnosis?
People describe hypnosis as a pleasant experience, during which they feel focused and absorbed in the hypnotic experience. You may feel more calm and relaxed, as you temporarily let go of all other concerns.
What Issues Are Helped With Hypnotherapy?
- Anxiety, panic and phobias
- Performance – sports, public speaking, test taking
- Problematic behaviors – smoking, overeating, procrastination
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sleep difficulties
Will I Achieve Results?
Yes, you will!
When you experience hypnosis, something powerful happens—I see it every day in my practice. Changes can happen rapidly and dramatically or gradually and subtly. Being open to what each session brings forward allows you to see results such as:
- Enhanced sports performance
- Achieving and maintaining your healthy weight
- Putting down the tobacco products—for good!
- Increased motivation and self-confidence
- Embracing more empowering beliefs
How Does the Process Work?
Hypnosis involves teamwork and trust between the therapist and client.
I use your words, values, and motivations to develop an individualized plan for you based on what you want to accomplish. This ensures that I am addressing your specific needs and goals.
I use a combination of guided relaxation, imagery and hypnosis. You’ll emerge from your sessions feeling refreshed, focused, and more confident about achieving the goals you set for yourself. I offer text and email support between sessions and audio recordings of your hypnosis sessions when appropriate.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
NLP is based on communication patterns and guided mental exercises. We use conversation, hypnotic language, metaphor, visualization, and breathing to facilitate change.
NLP holds to the following basic premises about human nature:
- Beliefs can be changed.
- The causes of some of our behaviors and emotions are outside of our conscious awareness.
- Most behaviors, even problematic ones, have underlying positive intentions. NLP brings about insights that explain these underlying motivations, and possibilities for alternative, healthy behaviors.
- People have the internal resources they need to make the changes they desire.
- There are no failures — only information.
NLP works with both the conscious mind and the subconscious mind to help people make changes. That is why NLP is described as a combination of cognitive therapy and hypnosis.
- We focus on the solution rather than the problem.
- We focus on what can be done, rather than on why something happened.
- NLP processes encourage you to think optimistically about future possibilities.
- Through NLP you feel empowered to cope more effectively.